Assistant Property Manager
An Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Community Association Manager with the day-to-day operations of several community associations in Harris County and Fort Bend County.
This position requires direct contact with customers via telephone, email and written correspondence.
The Assistant will handle all administrative functions for the Community Association Manager.
Responsible for customer satisfaction and assisting the community association Board of Directors with promoting community harmony, enforcing deed restrictions and increasing the value of a community.
- Manage all operations for a portfolio of community associations
- Provides administrative, operational and managerial support to Board of Directors
- Direct the enforcement of community rules and restrictions
- Promote community harmony
- Assist the board with hiring contractors including insurance carriers to maintain and protect the community
- Oversee and approve payment of vendors providing service to community association
- Develop community association budget and provide delivery/presentation of financial reports
- Minimum of two-years in restaurant, hotel, hospitality or property management; CMCA or state-equivalent certifications desired
- Customer service focused; CAMs service clients on a daily basis
- Listening skills: CAMs need to listen to the problems of a client and provide a solution to meet the requests of the client
- Proactive: CAMs must proactively communicate with their clients, team members, and superiors
- Management: CAMs must manage the budget, operations and schedules of a community association
Must be customer service oriented (we do what we say we will do)
Professional in both appearance and character
Self-motivated to get the job done and always learning / growing and willing to ask questions
Be a team player and willing to help other managers and staff members
Able to recognize priorities, plan, organize and execute multiple task effectively
Written and verbal communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete and clear. Must have command of the English language both written and verbal.
Excellent phone etiquette
Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office and various management software programs
Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit
We offer a competitive salary package based upon experience that rewards the employee based on productivity, client retention and new business development.
If you are interested in learning more about this position or to applying, please submit your resume in PDF format along with salary requirements and references to Tracy@KPMManagement.com